Print Hotel Audio Visual Coupon by clicking here –> PHL HOTEL AV DEAL
Planning an ‘Out-Of-Town’ conference with Hotel Audio Visual ? You NEED to read this page!
When planning a Hotel conference, convention or meeting to be held in an ‘out-of-town’ location, you could easily start to feel helpless and at the whim of the hotel. In most case, you are not required to use the hotel audio visual department. However, many planners choose the in-house AV because it is the easiest choice. While it is the easiest choice it is most often the most expensive choice. A.V. Rental Services, Inc. believes you should have options when it comes to your audio-visual rental needs. Even if you use the option to haggle your way to a lower price with the hotel, at least you are not just blindly selecting the Hotel AV without even considering alternatives. See our other article on “When to hire Hotel AV”
4 common reasons for choosing the Hotel Audio Visual:
1. They are on site and can respond quickly.
- Have you ever called for any assistance while working in a hotel ballroom or meeting room. They are not that quick.
- We are located 10minutes from downtown Philadelphia and we respond as quick if not quicker.
- 9 times out of 10, you will be hiring a technician to remain on-site during the conference so we will already be there to handle any AV issues immediately.
- With the difference in price and how much you will be saving, you can now afford to hire our technician to remain on-site during the conference.
2. In-House AV is familiar with the hotel and their equipment is designed to be used in the hotel.
- Having been in business for over 12 years, we have worked in almost every hotel in Philadelphia!
- Hotel AV departments use the same equipment as we do. Most AV gear is industry standard and we all have the same equipment. Many Hotel AV departments ‘cross rent’ equipment from A.V. Rental Services, Inc. as well as other outside AV companies.
3. The Hotel AV is more professional and more experienced.
- The labor for hotel AV and outside vendors is selected from the same pool. Many of our current and former employees have one time or another worked in a hotel AV department.
- We have been in business for more than 12 years. Our AV technicians are experienced and participate in continued education and training to maintain and sharpen their skillset.
4. The hotel is comping us the AV to gain our business.
- Umm, Yeah. I have nothing for this one! Good for you. We will be here for you if you need us in the future.
There are many times a hotel will supply audio visual equipment, at no extra charge. Since the in-house AV department and hotel are in a ‘for profit’ relationship, this is a handy tool used to secure certain coveted conference business. Usually the pricing is structured strategically to make up the difference in a separate department. ie. food, service charge, etc.
Be it as it may, we do not have any argument for this one. Only, get everything in writing and read your contract.
HOTEL AV NIGHTMARE
Last year we had a horrible experience in Philadelphia after a three day event. We were rushed out of a hotel and forced to breakdown and clear the room, in less than 30 minutes. This left us with major tangled wires and broken equipment. In addition, we had to do this while the hotel reset the room around us and another company loading in, starting their set up.
Hotels can make life miserable for visiting A/V vendors. However, clients are choosing outside A/V vendors often based on their past experience with using the in-house department. The market was created by the performance of the in-house department. While in-house audio visual department’s are often providing A/V services for many events occurring simultaneously, a third-party vendor will staff your one event with technicians that are only focusing on your one event at that time. Our employees and technicians have a thorough understanding that our client’s satisfaction is imperative. Secondly they understand that our existence relies on repeat business. We do not have any clients that fall into our laps. We have to work hard to gain our business and continue to work…to keep it.
Hotel Discount Details
We are offering a 20% discount for rental clients with events being held this year at Philadelphia hotels. We offer an alternative to using the in-house Hotel audio visual. We provide performance standards commensurate and above the hotel and convention center audio visual departments.
In addition we are a qualified, minority-certified, Philadelphia based audio-visual equipment rental company.
Last order of business, Read your contract and check with the hotel to see if they impose service charges for using 3rd party vendors such as us. If so, be aware these charges are negotiable! If your conference is indeed coveted the hotel may bend over backwards to win your business. With some clever negotiating skills you can have the fee waived.
Promo Code: PHL Hotel AV Deal